- GOOD NEWS FROM CAMP HURON!
Earthrise is a very famous photo of a teeny tiny planet earth, floating in vast, dark outer space, taken by astronauts as Apollo 8, orbited the Moon. Watch a short video here.
Imagine what it was like to see Earth our island home from so very, very far away. What a marvelous sight! Can seeing our blue planet this way inspire us and call to us to love and care for God’s wondrous creation? Let’s find out as we see Earth from afar and serve Earth up close.
REGISTER ONLINE: www.camphuron.ca
We have lots of space, in this wondrous place, especially in our August Leader in Training Program There is still plenty of room in camps from July 20 into August. Payment plans and bursaries are available. Let’s work together to offer the overnight camp experience to as many children as possible.
See our dates and rates here
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 519-434-6893 ext 217
- Proud Anglicans of Huron invites all to join in the Proud Anglicans group in the London Pride Parade on July 23. For information regarding gathering location, please email email@example.com
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AFC GRANTS.
In order to improve access to grants and special funding opportunities such as Say Yes! to Kids, the Anglican Foundation of Canada has launched a new Grants Portal.
TO FIND OUT MORE GO HERE
ENTER THE PORTAL NOW!
- The Huron Farmworkers Ministry NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Last year (2022) we received an amazing support from all our Huron Community and were able to collect over a hundred bags with clothes which were in an amazing condition. We also received a variety of other contributions such as bicycles, toiletries, kitchen utensils, bedding, food and many more.
This year (2023) we continue to assist our Farmworkers providing the equal services as last year and we are planning in expanding our services to two different locations, Tillsonburg and Burford. We are seeking donations of men’s clothing such as pants, sweaters, hoodies, t-Shirts, warm jackets, shoes, gloves, baseball caps, team shirts, toques, Bicycle. Preferred sizes are small to large in clean, ready to wear condition. READ MORE HERE
Any contribution is greatly appreciated. Financial donations are warmly welcomed by sending your gift via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a cheque to:
The Huron Hispanic & Migrant Farmworkers Outreach Ministry
c/o St John’s Anglican Church
46 Front Road, PO Box 387
Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0
- EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSES:
Monday, August 28 at 7:00 pm
Registration for Online and In-Person Classes beginning in June
Education for Ministry is a small group, faith-based experience, that focuses on how our faith connects to and is lived out in our everyday life. Interested in learning more about what is available in your area? Reach out to Libi Clifford or Val Kenyon to let us know you’re coming or with questions of any kind at:EFM@huron.anglican.ca
Sponsored and supported by the Diocese of Huron
- Anglican Fellowship of Prayer: Fall Conference. RULE OF LIFE: The Sisterhood of St. John Divine (From From the Perspective of a Sister, an Oblate and an Associate)
Date: September 30, 2023, 9:30 am—12:00 pm, By Zoom.
To register please contact: the Rev'd Ann Webber at email@example.com or by calling or texting info to 226-373-1391. SEE THE POSTER
- The Essex Deanery Lay Leadership Training Classes: Lay leadership courses for 2023
◦ September 16 – Anglican History with Rev. Canon Dr. Gordon Maitland (Please read the book by Mark Chapman, Anglicanism: A Very Short Introduction, Oxford University Press, 2006)
. October 21 and November 18 - How to write a sermon (4 pages of the Sermon plus other resources)
These classes will be held in person at Canterbury College. We have partnered with Canterbury College for the Lay Readers courses and they are providing us with the technology support to also bring the classes by zoom. Please join us for one or for all of the classes. Please contact Rev. Elise Chambers if you would like to attend.
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a class you would like to teach please contact Rev. Kimberly Myer - email@example.com with your idea.
- Cursillo Weekend, Friday evening July 21 to Sunday afternoon July 23 at Five Oaks Retreat Centre, Paris, ON.
Niagara Huron Anglican Cursillo is now accepting applications for lay and clergy interested in this short course, intended to equip the lay people of the church, to bring the teachings of Jesus to bear in real life situations through faith, study, and action. Clergy support of each candidate is requested along with a Cursillo sponsor. You can obtain more information on the website: www.niagaracursillo.org or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for BROCHURE and INVITATION.
- Please join us at the Old St. Thomas Church, 55 Walnut Street St. Thomas for our Summer Concert Series every Wednesday starting at 7 p.m.
July 19: Silver Lining (John Kempenaar and Maureen Barendregt)
July 26: Gy Charrette
August 2: Historic Harmonies
August 9: St. Hilda's/St. Luke's Choir
August 16: Celtic Bricks
August 23: Ukes of Hazzard
August 30: The barclay Road Brass Works
- ST. THOMAS ANGLICAN CHURCH, ST. THOMAS, 20 Flora Street: BBQ Chicken Dinner Fundraiser, July 20 from 5 to 6:30pm. 20.00 each by Advance Sales ONLY. Eat-In or Take-Out Available. Contact: 519-631-7368 for your tickets by July 14. Come out to enjoy a fantastic BBQ with some friends.
- St. Stephen's Anglican Church, Thamesville still have a few articles that may be of interest to other area churches:
13 - red choir gowns
8 - white choir gowns
Cedar chest that we had to store our seasonal hangings
Many red hymn books
Large wooden office desk in good repair
2 drawer filing cabinet
20 pews (each has room for approximately 8 - 10 people)
Padded kneeling benches
4 - choir pews (each room for about 3 - 4 people
1 - 100 cup coffee perc
1 - 35 cup tea perc (only used for tea)
Please contact Alfred/Marney Nichols at email@example.com
- St. James' Anglican Church, Brantford is looking for an organist. Part time position. One Sunday service, 11 am, no choir practice. Assist in hymn choices.
We are a small congregation and have a pipe organ. Traditional Anglican service is used.
For details: call the church at 519-752-4770 and leave a message.
- Huron Farmworkers Ministry is looking for a Seasonal Outreach Service Delivery Associate.
We are looking for a self-starting, Spanish-speaking individual to join our team who has a passion for helping others.
FOR MORE INFO GO HERE OR DOWNLOAD HERE
- St. Alban's, Delhi is seeking an organist for Sunday services at 11am, extra services at Easter and Christmas and occasional weddings and funerals. The church has a Hammond B3 organ,
Please send resume to:
St. Alban's Church
19 Talbot Rd
Delhi ON N4B 1Z7
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. John’s, Port Rowan is looking for an Organist (Part Time Employment Opportunity). Organist for Local Anglican Services - Our group enjoys singing a variety of styles of music. Organ is manual digital with full pedal. Send resume to email@example.com
Any questions: 519-586-3401